Wednesday, January 26, 2011

of like faith

I was pretty sure that ten years from now, I would be looking back on the fact that I didn't start a single blog (I did try to start a blog in French once, but no one looked at it, so it doesn't count). I know there are so many creative and edifying blogs out there, and they all have the ability to keep us from the things we woke up vowing to get done.



I can't seem to find the time to check any of the interesting blogs I discover, no matter how much I like the blog. But here I am starting a blog. So here's why:


I love to talk theology. At my church, it is normal for many of us to hang out for an hour or more after the Sunday service or Wednesday night Bible study has ended, and talk. We get into great conversations. Sometimes there are different theological conversations in different clusters of people. But frequently, the guys are huddled in a theological discussion, and I'm having fun with the ladies in more general conversations (lately involving learning French and Russian). As enjoyable and encouraging as that is, I think us ladies sometimes miss out on that theological sharpening. So I decided that a blog would be an avenue to great dialogue among friends. “...To those who have obtained like precious faith...,” Peter writes in 2 Peter 1:1. I am thankful to know so many ladies at this time in my life with that like precious faith. Ladies who like to talk theology too. So I hope this is fun.

5 comments:

Amy said...

I love it! :)

Nani Luculescu said...

looking forward to reading your blog Jen!

Arica said...

You know I CAN'T wait!

Tammy Callis said...

Yay! Wonderful idea Jen!

Bre said...

Great idea Jen, looking forward to it.